Sports massage has many benefits:
- It makes you feel good by releasing endorphins, which leads to relaxation and feelings of wellbeing.
- It improves athletic performance
- It can be used to help break down scar tissue
- It can reduce pain caused by tension within the muscles and connective tissues.
- It increases blood flow around the body and disperses natural waste products within the body.
- It helps remove lactic acid and therefore allows a speedier recovery after exercise.
- It improves tissue elasticity and creates length through muscle that could otherwise be limiting your flexibility and range of motion within your joints.